27 February 2008

odds and ends

Staying home sick sucks. Ugh. However, one good thing about it is that I've had lots of time to think. I'm feeling much better about the whole wedding thing. After some of the advice that I've gotten from the comments on my blog and from Weddingbee, I really think I am going to be able to pull this off. So, here is my brainstorm:
  • If I get fresh daisy plants they can be placed next to the chairs along the aisle for the wedding and then they can be used as center pieces for my tables.
  • Each bridesmaid can hold one yellow gerbera daisy with a ribbon.
  • My bouquet will be simple with shasta daisies with ribbon tying them together.

So, I think that will cut down on my flower costs. Next item, make-up and hair:

  • Unless I find a great deal, I've decided to do my own make-up
  • I found a place in Pasadena that has affordable prices for eyelash extensions -- I think that I'd rather spend my money on something that will last at least through the honeymoon than on my make-up.
  • I'm going with my mh to look for a hair salon/stylist close to the wedding site. Hopefully we can find someone/someplace that will work

I've already purchased 144 turquoise candle holders with votives for decorations. I'm thinking that I don't need to spend any money on extra "party favors" and that I can let the guests each take a votive home instead. I've always thought that most favors were a little silly, and the only favor my fh and I agree on would cost us over $230 and is a little silly -- rulers that say "love rules".

Okay, my medicine is starting to kick in so I gotta go now.

1 comment:

Guilty Secret said...

Glad you got some good advice from the hive :)